Sustainability – Our Green Initiatives
At La Prima Catering, we are committed to eco-friendly business practices. Through our green initiatives we hope to improve our positive impact on the environment and share our knowledge with the community.
La Prima’s company policies have helped up keep over ten thousand pounds of food waste out of landfills and reduce our water usage by over 15%. By switching to new delivery vehicles and adjusting our routes we have doubled our mileage and cut our greenhouse gas emissions in half. In the past year we have cut our electrical use by nearly 20% with energy efficient appliances, light bulbs and energy policies.
We strive to:
- Follow all environmental regulations and go beyond what is required
- Use 100% wind energy
- Reduce waste through our company-wide recycling program
- Partnering with local, sustainable farms to bring our customers fresh, healthy foods
- Work on farm-to-table, grown-to-order menus and event options
- Implement energy efficient trucks in our deliveries
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and work towards a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, in and out of the office
- Continually improve our practices by measuring our environmental impacts and set strict annual goals to become more sustainable
La Prima Catering is committed to eco-friendly solutions in all of our business practices. As the leading green food service provider in Pennsylvania, La Prima Catering is a certified with the Green Restaurant Association. We are also members of the Green Bride Guide, a green registry and local vendors list. To learn more about any of our certifications or green providers, click on the links below.